Athletes training in the Development Training Squad (DTS), have either emerged from the Emerging Talent Squad (ETS), have been selected from the VSA Academy’s Open trial in October, or have been identified through Talent Identification platforms such as SASI Talent Search, State Schools Cup, and National Schools Cup.
The focus of this group is to introduce, the extremely important fundamental technical and physical development needed to perform at the highest level of sport. Athletes within the Tier 3 balance their study, VSA Academy training, others sporting commitments or activities. Parent and Athlete commit to attending the VSA Academy once a week, and find opportunities to compete to help athlete develop their game sense.
- 15-17 years old
- 1 x Technical Development session each week – Thursdays during school semester
- 1 x Physical Development Circuit, develop strength with body weight exercises each week
- 2 x Athlete health & safety session – warm up, cool down & recovery each week
- I x Basic Physical Screening per year
- I x VSA Academy Uniform
- Introduce /expand flexibility exercises, speed & agility, quickness in change of direction
- Introducing concepts around work ethic, and competitive behaviour
- Beach Volleyball focus over summer, Inside stadium during winter
- Complete skill development (i.e. not specialised)
- Key focus on fundamental Technical development
- Key focus on fundamental Physical Development (movement patterns)
- Athletes work towards integrating into the VSA Academy, Intensive Training Squad (ITS) in the later years of High School