SA OPEN / ABVT 4 Star Challenge cup
January 10-12, 2020
The South Australian Open is Australia's longest running Beach Volleyball Tournament and has proved to be a high quality and high standard event over the last few years. In South Australia, we like to call Glenelg Beach the home of Beach Volleyball, not only because of it's stunning wide beach, but also because of our history on the beach. We are very thankful to the City of Holdfast Bay for allowing us to host this event on Glenelg Beach each and every year.
In 2020 the SA Open will be a part of the Australian Beach Volleyball Tour (ABVT) which means the event will attract the best athletes from all over Australia and around the world.
Come and see all the action at the SA Open from the 10-12 January 2020 at Glenelg Beach and sit in our FREE seating!
Congratulations to the Following Winners!
|Place||Men Division 1||Women Division 1|
|1st||Max Guehrer / Damien Schumann||Britt Kendall / Stef Weiler|
|2nd||Zachary Schubert / Paul Burnett||Sandra Ittlingger / Christie Jenkins|
|3rd||Sam Halley / Mateusz Zieba||Pheobe Bell / Alisha Stevens|
|4th||Glen Piper / Isaac Kapa||Sarah Richter/ Lucia Michalovicova|
|Place||Men Division 2||Women Division 2|
|1st||Maxx Hart / Dakota Lipton||Ruby Vanloo / Eva Brac|
|2nd||Henry Clapp / Alex Rahmani||Lauren Cox/ Anne Meijnderts|
• $5,000 Prize pool •
• Nominations close 3rd January 11:30pm (ACST) •
• Team cost $150 •
• Div 1 limited to 16 teams per gender, div 2 available •
• Div 1 will receive playing uniforms from VSA, Div 2 will have to supply their own (and must be matching with your partner) •
• Preliminary Enquiry (for all teams) Friday 10th January time 6pm •
• Friday 10th January - Div 1 Qualifiers check in time 1pm •
• Saturday 11th January - Main play •
• Sunday 12th January - Finals •
Prize Money Breakdown:
All players must be members of Volleyball SA: interstate members with Full membership please call VSA on 08 8363 1265 with your interstate membership number to receive a guest full membership. All SA participants must become a full member (adult or junior dependant on age)
• Sport Regulations div 1 including seeding policy available here
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your enquiries