SA OPEN / ABVT #1
January 11-13, 2019
The South Australian Open is Australia's longest running Beach Volleyball Tournament and has proved to be a high quality and high standard event over the last few years. In South Australia, we like to call Glenelg Beach the home of Beach Volleyball, not only because of it's stunning wide beach, but also because of our history on the beach. We are very thankful to the City of Holdfast Bay for allowing us to host this event on Glenelg Beach each and every year.
In 2019 the SA Open will be a part of the Australian Beach Volleyball Tour (ABVT) which means the event will attract the best athletes from all over Australia and around the world. The upcoming SA Open will also be a part of the new 'Summer Sets Festival', a 9 day Beach Volleyball Festival which incorporates social, inclusion and elite competitions and activities.
Come and see all the action at the SA Open from the 11-13 January 2019 at Glenelg Beach and sit in our FREE Grand Stands!
• $10,000 prize pool (% breakdown will be announced soon) •
• Nominations close 6th January 11:30pm (ACST) •
• $150 per team •
• Div 1 limited to 16 teams per gender, div 2 available •
• Div 1 will receive playing uniforms from VSA, Div 2 will have to supply their own (and must be matching with your partner) •
• Preliminary Enquiry (for all teams) Friday 11th January - 6pm •
• Friday 11th January - Div 1 Qualifiers check in at 1pm •
• Saturday 12th January - Main play •
• Sunday 13th January - Finals •
Nominations are now closed
All players must be members of Volleyball SA: interstate members please sign up as a Casual Yellow member and call or email VSA with your interstate membership number. CoE and AUS Volleyroo's require a Casual Yellow membership only.
• Sport Regulations will be uploaded soon
Tournament Director / Event & Marketing Manager: Karla Della-Pietra
Technical Delegate: Baz Wedmaier
Competition Manager: Nathan 'Wombat' McLeod
Referee Delegate: Peter Bawhey
Please contact email@example.com for your enquiries