Dear Volleyball Community,
As you may be aware, the Adelaide City Council has plans to sell the land that Adelaide City Beach currently occupies, for redevelopment.
As this land is designated currently for community use, the council must first redesignate its purpose, which means they are now opening a public consultation process, inviting interested people and groups to state their views. This is everyone’s chance to have their say about the importance of this venue to you and your teams. I know some of you have been regular users of the venue for over ten years and it has been a key part of the CBD for over 20 years so we know that many of you will have a view. We would love you to take the time to express your thoughts to council through yoursay.cityofadelaide.com.au. Consultation closes 5pm, Monday 29 March 2021.
Many of you have told us the importance of the venue in the following areas - feel free to add your own personal experiences!
- The value of having such a unique community facility in the heart of the city to add fun and vibrancy for city workers and residents
- The value of such an easily accessible sport and place to the public to promote physical and mental wellbeing;
- The strong sense of community that our competitions and events build;
- That city based schools use the courts for PE lessons and school sport as they don’t have their own such facility;
- The availability of such a unique venue for events, corporate and private functions, and even other sports; and
- The ability for this facility to provide assistance to the wider volleyball community to keep costs down for participants.
The more input the council receives, the more weight it gives to the needs of Adelaide City Beach users and the volleyball community, so we would ask you to please make the effort to submit your views.