Volleyball Australia (VA) is seeking applications for a National Pathways Manager to be based in the VA Office at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra. The Pathways Manager will lead implementation of VA’s Pathways strategy, with the objective of identifying and developing sufficient quantity of international calibre athletes to drive National Team success in Volleyball and Beach Volleyball.
The Pathways Manager will be responsible for effective delivery of VA’s pathway programs that identify and supply emerging elite athletes. This includes:
- The Australian Volleyball Academy (AVA), for which the holder of this role will act as Program Director;
- VA’s Junior Development Program which conducts domestic and international development camps and tours for age group athletes; and
- Assisting the development of state pathways programs to ensure integration within VA’s national athlete pathway.
Role available: National Pathways Manager
1. Work collaboratively with the National Performance Director, VA National Team and Pathways Coaches and State pathways operatives to develop and maintain a nationally aligned and integrated national athlete pathway, delivering international quality athletes to National Team programs;
2. Lead the implementation of the key operational components of the VA national athlete pathway, including the Australian Volleyball Academy (AVA), VA’s Junior Development Program and State based elite athlete development programs;
Salary package: To be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Applicants should provide a CV and 1-2 page cover letter indicating their experience in:
- Working in a high performance sport environment, including with developing athletes
- Managing projects or events that involve both internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing budgets to meet financial targets
Contact: Craig Marshall, National Performance Director, Volleyball Australia
Applications close 9am, 9th March 2020.