About the role
Are you a self-directed and community-minded business manager with a passion for developing and maintaining great business relationships? Do you love working on a range of marketing projects, from social media to events and sponsorship?
Reporting directly to the General Manager, and with a dedicated marketing board member for support, the Marketing and Business Manager will develop and execute projects that build the profile of volleyball and create new revenue streams
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop marketing, membership and business development strategies, as well as an annual Marketing and Business Development Plan (including KPIs)
- Develop and manage a communications plan
- Develop and manage creative marketing strategies/campaigns
- Oversee Volleyball SA's media sponsorship agreements and sponsor relationships.
- Maximise government funding opportunities and foster strong government relationships
- Leverage partnerships to build the Volleyball SA brand
- Develop new sponsorship opportunities and nurture existing corporate partnerships
- Identify and develop new revenue streams for Volleyball SA including via the Beach Sports venues
- Manage the commercial operations (not the operation of competitions) of the Beach Sports venues including the facility upkeep and presentation
About the business
Volleyball South Australia is the peak body for all forms of volleyball in South Australia and our goal is to help everyone achieve their volleyball goals - whatever they may be. We provide multiple competitions and events for all ages and abilities and run two purpose-built beach volleyball facilities (Adelaide City Beach and Mawson Lakes) which host night and day recreational competitions, beach sports events and birthday parties, corporate events and social functions.
Volleyball is the second-most-played sport in the world and we have a strong following in Australia, with almost perfectly equal male/female representation. We are passionate about inclusion and ensuring our sport is accessible and welcoming to everyone. We are a professional organisation dedicated to achieving great results for our members and our strategic partners.
Volleyball South Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
We can't wait to welcome our new Marketing and Business Manager to the team - if this sounds like you then please submit your application using the 'apply now' button on the Seek advertisement by midnight on Sunday 5 May. Full Job Description available here
Interviews will be held 9-10 May to assist with your planning. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Anne-Marie McAinsh on 0402 206 667