VSA (AND VOLLEYBALL AUSTRALIA AND ITS MEMBER STATES) MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby apply for membership of South Australia Volleyball Association Inc "VSA". In so applying and in consideration of my application for membership being accepted I acknowledge and agree that:
1. “VSA” for the purposes of this membership application and declaration means VSA and Volleyball Australia Ltd "VA" of which it is a member state, VA's members and includes VA's Member States and State Affiliates and where the context so permits, their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. If accepted I will be a member of the club/association/competition stated on the membership application form, VSA.
3. This document cannot be amended. If I do amend it my application will be null and void. It cannot be accepted by VSA.
4. Insurance is in place that may provide limited cover to me whilst I am performing or participating in any authorised or recognised VSA activity including any authorised VSA activity (“VSA Activity”). (For insurance details please contact VSA.) I can, in my own interests, seek and obtain personal insurances over and above the cover provided by VSA.
5. The VSA Constitution is a contract between VSA and me. I will be bound by it and any By-Laws and policies made under it. It is necessary and reasonable for promoting VSA and volleyball. For the avoidance of doubt, I acknowledge and agree to comply with the Constitutions, By-Laws and policies of VA, VSA and the club/association/competition stated on the membership application if my application is accepted.
6. Warning: Volleyball can be inherently dangerous. Serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in volleyball.
7. Exclusion of Liability: Except where provided or required by law and such cannot be excluded, I agree that it is a term of my membership (if accepted) that VSA is absolved from all liability however arising from injury or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) arising out of my membership and/or participation in any VSA Activity.
8. Release and Indemnity: In consideration of VSA accepting my application for membership I:
(a) release and forever discharge VSA from all Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any VSA Activity; and
(b) indemnify and hold harmless VSA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another Member of VSA arising as a result of or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any VSA Activity.
In this clause 8 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising but does not include a claim in respect of any action, suit, etc made by any person entitled to make a claim under a relevant VSA insurance policy or under the VSA or VA Constitution or any By-Laws.
9. Fitness to Participate: I declare that I am and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in any VSA Activity. I am not and must not be a danger to myself or to the health and safety of others. I will immediately notify VSA in writing of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that VSA and/or VA will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
10. I have provided the information required overleaf and accepted the terms and conditions outlined in this form. I warrant that all information provided is true and correct.
11. Privacy: I understand that the information I have provided is necessary for the objects of VSA and VA. I acknowledge and agree that the information will be disclosed by to VA and other VA member associations and will only be used for the objects of VSA, VA and member associations for general business and to provide me with membership services. I understand that I will be able to access my information through VSA. If the information is not provided my membership application may be rejected. I acknowledge that VSA may also use my personal information for the purposes of providing me with promotional material from VSA or VA sponsors or third parties. I may advise VSA or VA if I do not wish to receive from VSA or VA sponsors or third parties promotional material.
12. Copyright and right to use image: I acknowledge and consent to photographs, live stream video and video recordings being taken of me during my participation in VSA Activities. I acknowledge that the images and recordings are owned by VSA and/or VA and that VSA and/or VA (and member associations) may use the images and recordings for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained. Further, I consent to VSA and/or VA using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the VSA and/or VA Activities, at any time, to promote the VSA and/or VA Activities by any form of media. I may advise VSA and/or VA if I do not wish VSA and/or VA to use my name, image, likeness and also my performance in this way.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above declaration including the warning, exclusion of liability, release and indemnity. I acknowledge that if my application for membership is successful I will be entitled to all benefits, advantages, privileges and services of this membership.
I have read and understood and agree to abide by the Australian National Anti-Doping Policy, effective from 1 January 2021, and found on the Sport Integrity Australia website (https://www.sportintegrity.gov.au/what-we-do/anti-doping/world-anti-doping-code/australian-national-anti-doping-policy) being the anti-doping policy adopted by Volleyball Australia and applicable to all members, participants and non-participants.
As a registered member of VSA I undertake at all times to represent myself in a way that will not bring myself, my registered association, VSA, VA or the sport of volleyball as a whole into disrepute. I accept that failing to abide by this determination could lead to sanction by one or more of the aforementioned bodies.
(Where applicant is under 18yo) I, am the parent or guardian of the applicant. I expressly agree to be responsible for the applicant’s behavior and agree to personally accept the conditions set out in this membership application.